Re: root.root and netdev group for /dev/net/tun ?

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 04:28:01 -0400 (EDT), Erwan David wrote:

> I think that what is found in /etc/udev/rules predates /lib/udev/rules,
> thus just putting the modified line in a file in this directory should
> be sufficient and shoud survive an udev update.

I think you meant to say /etc/udev/rules.d and /lib/udev/rules.d,
respectively.  Yes, you can copy the file from /lib/udev/rules.d
to /etc/udev/rules.d and then modify the copy in /etc/udev/rules.d.
But if the file 91-permissions.rules changes in a subsequent update
of the udev package, chances are that there were changes made to
it that you *want* to take effect.  It is still necessary to coordinate
the changes made by package maintenance with the changes which you
yourself have made.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :