Re: Solved - cpu overheating after upgrade from squeeze to wheezy

On 20130725_133320, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> The Friday 19 July 2013 14:17:05, Thierry Chatelet wrote :
> > Hi list,
> >  I upgraded my daughter laptop from squeeze to wheezy. It was working fine
> > under squeeze. Now it's overheating, and it shuts down after about 5
> > minutes.If I run it with a squeeze live CD everything is OK. I look with
> > google and I found overheat problems with wheezy, but only after
> > hibernation or suspand, which is not the case here.
> > Can someone tips me where to start to look?
> > Thierry
>
> A good clean up of the fan  did the job. But I still don't understabd why it
> wasn't overheating with squeeze. Anyhow it's working fine now
> Thierry

Perhaps the explanation is that the software in Squeeze didn't detect
the overheating and therefore didn't report an alarm. Upgrade to
Wheeze fixed the problem. Just a guess. To verify you need to
downgrade (not recommended) and somehow put the dirt back on the fan
(is this possible?). IMHO, you should leave well enough alone.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net