Re: wheezy keyboard shortcuts w/ lxde

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 11:19:44AM +1000, David wrote:
> On 20 July 2013 03:35, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:

Can't tell if I replied to this or not. No indication of it in mutt.

> > My apologies if my reply sounded insulting. I didn't intend that. I just
> > wanted to correct what seemed to be a misconception on your part.
>
> Your reply did not sound insulting. :)
> It is too easy to have minor misunderstanding in email communication,
> so if there's any doubt I always assume good faith. I find unnecessary
> hostility is a ridiculous waste of attention.
>
> > Thanks again for putting me onto the wiki link.
>
> After using gnome 2 for several years I changed to lxde a few
> months ago. I find the lxde project is simpler in ambition, and
> that suits me better. I've found that the docs that helped me
> most are not hosted on lxde sites, and it took some effort to
> find them. Here are the ones that I found useful, which allowed
> me to create a gnome-2-like desktop with launch icons in the
> top panel (toolbar), and a task switcher at the bottom.
> I mention them here in case they might interest you also.
>
> http://lkubaski.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/adding-lxde-start-menu-and-desktop-shortcuts/
> http://lkubaski.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/understanding-file-associations-in-lxde-and-pcmanfm/
> http://lkubaski.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/restarting-lxde-when-it-freezeshangs/
> http://lkubaski.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/adding-lxde-start-menu-sections/
> http://lkubaski.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/adding-lxde-taskbar-shortcuts/
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LXDE
> http://wiki.debian.org/LXDE
> http://wiki.debian.org/Openbox

Thanks for these. Except for a couple of them I hadn't run across them
in my searches.

The wiki.debian.org/Openbox site says to edit shortcuts in the rc.xml
file, not the lxde-rc.xml. Looking at them I couldn't tell the
difference except that the rc.xml seems more extensive. I'll have to
jump on the lxde list and try to find out what's going on. If nothing
there, I'll look for an openbox list.

Oh well, the hunt goes on.

--
Bob Holtzman