Re: Testing needed for openjdk-6 security updates

On Sunday 21 July 2013 14:21:20 Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@debian.org> schrieb:
> > As discussed on debian-release some time ago security support
> > for openjdk will be following upstream releases in the future.
> >
> > The packages for openjdk are generally ready, but I don't use
> > Java myself. As such I need some additional real world testing
> > before I'll release them through security.debian.org
>
> In case anyone's wondering why there's no DSA yet: Noone bothered
> to test.
>
> Cheers,
>         Moritz

I am willing, indeed happy to test for you; but I have no idea what you want
us to do.  What does testing it involve?  Using it, of course; but I wouldn't
know how to use it.  I know that many on this list are very knowledgeable and
would know, but they may be too busy.  I can find time and would like to
help: I do far too little for the community.  But I am also an ignoramus when
it comes to the details of Java.

Does "test" mean spending an uncomfortable amount of time on YouTube?? ;-)  I
don't consciously use Java much, and would not know how to set about doing
so - except by trying to create a booklist and index for a publication in
OpenOffice.org.

I could, of course test to see if I get the same circular dependancy as Rob
Owens.

Lisi