Re: Debian Testing VMWare-Tools Bad Variable Name

Hello List

Maybe i wrong but i think the error is local run_kver=`get_version_integer`  the script calls get_version_integer like external command, but it's a function

Thanks

2013/7/21 William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com>
On 07/21/13 at 04:09pm, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> In the case of Debian 7.1.0 the vmware tools installed without any problems.
>
> Unfortunately, this was not the case with Debian Testing.  the tools
> installed without any problems, but when the installer ran
> /usr/bin/ware/vmware.config.tools.pl there were errors:
>
> >Starting VMware Tools services in the virtual machine:
> >   Switching to guest configuration: [71G done
> >/etc/init.d/vmware-tools: 1090: local: ': bad variable name
> >/etc/init.d/vmware-tools: 1090: local: ': bad variable name
> >   Blocking file system: [71Gfailed
> >/etc/init.d/vmware-tools: 1187: local: ': bad variable name
> >   Guest operating system daemon: [71G done
> >Unable to start services for VMware Tools
>  The lines in question are:
>
> 1090   local run_kver=`get_version_integer`
>
> and
>
> 1187    local run_kver=`get_version_integer`

Can you provide the vmware.config.tools.pl from your system?
Can you `type get_version_integer`? if it's referenced in that script, can you
provide it also? Sounds like an unescaped quote in one of these scripts, might
have to identify the maintainer and bugreport upstream.

Also, didn't you post this recently, with a longer log? Is this the same issue?

--
William