Re: VLC commandline problems in Wheezy [solved]

> No, sorry. But I'd be glad to help you troubleshoot..

   Thanks William. I think I've identified what the problem is.

   What I did under KDE was to create a second "file association" entry that
ran VLC with my commandline parameters. Thus, there was 2 VLC file associations
for, say, *.avi. I'm assuming that this confused KDE somehow.

   When removing one of the entries and editing the remaining (original) file
association entry by adding my commandline parameters, everything works
perfectly.

   What confuses me about the entire affair was that KDE and VLC ran fine with
those dual entries for months. Not being one that likes things to "just break"
that baffled me. But there is no problem now.

   Again, thanks for the offer for assistance.

--
"All wars are fought for money." -- Socrates.