Toggle wlan0 on and off with Fn-F2?

I purchased a laptop with wheezy pre-loaded, and it is working fine
except for one thing.  When I suspend and then unsuspend, if that is the
right term, I find I have lost the wireless network.  Pressing Fn-F2
starts it up again.  In fact I can toggle wlan0 on and off by pressing
Fn-F2 repeatedly.

I have attached 3 tailed snippets of /var/log/syslog, /var/log/messages
and /var/log/daemon.log, showing what happens when I kill an existing
wlan0 connection with Fn-F2, and then start it up again.

My questions are what command is being issued, and where is this all of
this configured?

Thanks -- Pete