Re: Multiple audio applications with the same Alsa device

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:44:59 +0200, Gábor Hársfalvi <hgabi84@gmail.com> wrote:
when I listening mp3 with Alsaplayer - or other player - I can't hear
any sounds on other applications - for example Chrome with Youtube.

How to solve this?

Use a sane sound server and applications that are able to connect to this sound server, IOW try jackd and take a look at the FAQs http://jackaudio.org/faq .

Are you a person with savant syndrome or similar? I'm not kidding, it's interesting to know more about people who are able to follow a bunch of audio streams at the same time.

Hth,
Ralf

--
Attention! Attackers have gotten every user's local username, password,
and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database.

http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html