Re: kernel_bug??

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 08:30:11PM +0200, steef wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> atarting up wheezy with ah standar kernel i get:
>
> ........ata7:exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x4000000 action 0xe
> frozen......

This page might be useful to you
https://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages

According to that, your ATA port #7 threw an exception. Emask 0x10 is
AC_ERR_ATA_BUS (ATA bus error). Action 0xe says this happened during
reset (ATA_EH_RESET).

If the drive works normally, other than this, it may just be a case of
the drive being slow to reset. SATA is all hot-pluggy and dynamic so,
when the drive does start up, the kernel will notify udev and the drive
will get mounted etc.