Re: any utility to change ip

On Wed 17 Jul 2013 at 09:26:53 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> is there any utility to change IP via command line, actually i am looking
> for a utility same as the one which we using during installation of debian.
> it actually find and display all the brand names of Ethernet controllers
> and Ethernet port assignments. can i call the same utility via normal
> console or is there any different one which i can use on debian.

You could roll out your own. Something along the lines of this:

   V=$(cat /sys/class/net/eth0/device/vendor)
   D=$(cat /sys/class/net/eth0/device/device)
   C=$(lspci -d $V:$D
   echo $C

You'll likely need to knock this idea into better shape and throw in a
few seds, greps and cuts to get exactly what you want.