Re: How to disable UTC time?

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:27:08 +0200, André Nunes Batista <andrenbatista@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello again!

Yesterday I did a hardware cleanup and almost attempted suicide when my
pc refused to boot afterwards. Upon solving the issue and having moved
my hd around a bit, there was a complaint error message system saying
something like:

"Error mounting: Previous mount date 15/07/2013 is in the future. Today
is 05/02/2013"

and gave me console to solve. I tried fsck once and it asked me if I
would like to correct issue. Since it did not inform what solution would
be applied, I went to bios and manually set up bios date (the Feb one).
Then debian booted with no complaints.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to tell the kernel to ignore bios
date? I know, my question is a different one, but it was raised when you
said bios date has no value on pure linux.

Next time run fsck, after that you're able to boot. I never noticed that it changed anything, but seemingly the former mount date. I very seldom experienced this after making a new install, perhaps when the installer ignored the wanted setting.

It's true, Linux is independent from the BIOS time when you use UTC instead of local. I want local time for the BIOS regarding to my needs.