Re: server log centalized

> Article about using stunnel with rsyslog
> http://freecode.com/articles/ssl-encrypting-syslog-with-stunnel

hello again :-)

I've setup a server log centralized following the above link (and
thanks). Whole connections fly on vpn.

I also read:

>Preventing Systems from Talking Directly to the rsyslog Server
>It is possible for remote systems (or attackers) talk to the rsyslog
>server by directly connecting to its port 61514. Currently, rsyslog
>does not offer the ability to bind to the local host only. This
>feature is planned, but as long as it is missing, rsyslog must be
>protected via a firewall. This can easily be done via, for example,
>iptables. Just be sure not to forget it.

So, to protect my self about the hackers attempts, I need only close
61514 port of centralized log server?

If an attacker has root access on a client, can talking with syslogd
centralized log server?

If yes, how I protect that server?

thanks!

Pol