Re: server log centalized

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:48:28AM -0400, Sean Alexandre wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 03:18:52PM +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:
> > I need setting up a server log centralized over internet (using rsyslog).
> > What is better? Using a vpn or crypt log files?
>
> stunnel is good for this. It creates encrypted SSL tunnels between machines, for
> network daemons. Here are some links:

This isn't really necessary. Rsyslog (IIRC the default syslog server in
debian) supports both TLS encryption
(http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/rsyslog_tls.html) and logfile encryption
(http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/cryprov_gcry.html).

Of course, if you need to support other syslog daemons, then yes an
alternative system will be needed.