Re: server log centalized

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 02:18:52PM +0100, Pol Hallen wrote:
> Hi all :-)
>
> I need setting up a server log centralized over internet (using rsyslog).
>
> What is better? Using a vpn or crypt log files?

That's apples and oranges....

Using a VPN will help by encrypting the traffic while it is in transit.

Encrypting log files will help by ... having the log files encrypted.

They are not mutually exclusive, nor are they dependent on each other.

But: If you want to do it over the internet: A VPN (or using basic
IPSec) is probably a good idea.

--
Karl E. Jorgensen