Re: Questions regarding the BTS

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 17:48:19 -0300,
msl09<contamsl09@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi, I wish to help a debian team with the triaging of the bugs of a
>package and a few questions arose:
>
>How do I get a neat list of the installed dependencies of a package[1]
>on my system. My wish is to compare the dependencies that a user had
>installed on a bug report with the one on my debian.
>
>Is it useful to reply to a bug report saying that you can't reproduce
>it when another user with the same specs(package and debian version)
>already did that?
>
>Thats all for now.
>
>[1] - The neat list format I'm talking about is the one that appear on
>bug reports like this:
>
>Versions of packages liferea depends on:
>ii  gconf-service       3.2.6-1
>ii  gconf2              3.2.6-1
>ii  libatk1.0-0         2.8.0-2
>ii  libc6               2.17-3

You can get such a list using aptitude:

aptitude search '?reverse-depends(liferea)?architecture(amd64)' -F"%p%V"

This will show reverse-depends of liferea on amd64 (If I skip the
architecture it will list both i386 and amd64, more or less just
doubling the list).

The options for the -F setting can be found at [1], and the options for
the search (like reverse-depends and architecture) can be found at [2].

As you can see the amount of options and possibilities to customize
such a search are simply _massive_.

[1] http://www.algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/en/ch02s04s01.html
[2] http://people.debian.org/~abe/aptitude/en/ch02s04s05.html

-- Andreas Rönnquist