Re: how to contribute package to repository

Ovcharov Dmitry:

> Our company is software developer.
> Our software is proprietary RDF database.
> We would like to include our software package in the official Linux distribution repository.
> What do we need for this? A special license? Should we open source codes?

Debian only ships software with a license conforming to the Debian Free
Software Guidelines in its "main" archive:

http://www.debian.org/social_contract

"Open source" is not enough if you do not allow your users to modify and
distribute your software.

J.
--
If nightclub doormen recognised me I would be more fulfilled.
[Agree]   [Disagree]