Re: Replacing Konqueror with iceweasel (SOLVED?)

On 07/07/2013 02:58 PM, Michael Ayers wrote:
take a look at
update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /usr/bin/iceweasel

i'm not sure if that is system wide, or by each person...

From: Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Sunday, July 7, 2013 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Replacing Konqueror with iceweasel

On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 12:21:31PM -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> How can I get KDE to default to iceweasel and not Konqueror. Debian
> Wheezy version.

Does wheezy include "Preferred Applications"? If so, call it  up and
follow your instincts.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,

Well, I already have iceweasel set as the default browser. In addition I ran "update-alternatives --get-selections" and found that x-www-browser was already set to /usr/bin/iceweasel. But you know what is really strange is that all of a sudden iceweasel seems to be being used everywhere. Problem fixed I guess but not sure why.

Thanks for the help

Gary R,.