Re: nvidia & intel cards after upgrade

Good time of the day, andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr.

Thank you, for your time and answer. On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 16:29:20 +0300
you wrote:

> i have notebook with two videocards - geforce and intel. Up to current
> moment i was be able to run programs with next command (for example):
> $optirun glxgeras
> (i am using bumblebee)
> but now after upgrading (version of kernel had changed) i have
> message: #optirun glxgears
> [11964.734234] [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE)
> Failed to load module "nouveau" (module does not exist, 0)
> [11964.734355] [ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.
>
> #uname -a
> Linux hostname 3.9-1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.9.6-1 i686 GNU/Linux
> #lsb_release -a
> Distributor ID:	Debian
> Release:	testing
> Codename:	jessie
>
> What had happened? Upgrading had been made without any error
> message.(apt-get dist-upgrade)
> Thanks in advance

I guess you need to recompile the kernel module (i.e. interface between
kernel and the bond driver). There are several ways to achieve this:
please make a search at (wiki.)debian.org for nVidia driver to install.

PS. In case my suggestion is correct you will have to do that every
time kernel gets updated - unless you automate the process (and it is
told how to perform that in the article you will find) OR nVidia drops
its support of its own hardware.

Сту.