Re: Debian freezes randomly after suspend to RAM

Anything interesting on /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog ?

Btw, wicd is a pretty decent alternative to network-manager. If you
think network-manager is the issue, disable it and see if it still
freezes.

--

Luther Blisset
GNUPG/PGP KEY: 6722CF80

I challenge you to play the game in which there is no loser but
everything is fun and worthwhile!

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Guys,

I'm having a quite odd problem with my lenovo x220 laptop and Debian 7
KDE version as it randomly freezes. This randomly happens after waking
up from RAM suspend. Debian is up to date and it was installed 2 weeks
ago on encrypted LVM with SSD.

When it freezes I'm only able to move with mouse pointer where
everything else freezes including time and ability to open console (
CTRL+ALT+F1).

 My current suspicion is on NetworkManager. It freezes few seconds
after NetworkManager re-establishes my wireless network connection but
still this could be completely unrelated. I have installed at least 5
other laptops using same Debian image and never had any problems. Does
anyone have a similar problem or can offer some guidance on how to
troubleshoot this issue.

thank you

Lubos

LSPCI:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor
Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation
Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200
Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:16.3 Serial controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series
Chipset Family KT Controller (rev 04)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b4)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev b4)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev b4)
00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family PCI Express Root Port 7 (rev b4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation QM67 Express Chipset Family LPC
Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series
Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
SMBus Controller (rev 04)
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205
[Taylor Peak] (rev 34)
0d:00.0 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller (rev 07)
0e:00.0 USB controller: NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host
Controller (rev 04)