Re: Replacing Konqueror with iceweasel

On Sun, 2013-07-07 at 12:21 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> How can I get KDE to default to iceweasel and not Konqueror. Debian
> Wheezy version.

I neither use KDE, nor Iceweasel but usually browsers have an option to
set them as the default, for Firefox 22.0 it's

Edit > Preferences > Tab General > Make Firefox the default browser

perhaps it's the same for Iceweasel.

For my Xfce the default is set to Firefox, but it's ignored if I click a
link in Evolution, since I set up Opera as the default, when Opera ask
me. After I set the Xfce settings to anther browser and back to Firefox,
the default is Firefox again.

Seemingly the DE settings and the editing done by a browser could be in
competition.

Google found

"Desktop Settings/Personalised Settings -> Default Applications -> Web
Browser -> Change to 'in the following broswer' -> browse for firefox"

within seconds.

Regards,
Ralf