Re: No sound on new Wheezy system

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Sb, 01 dec 12, 00:47:03, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> >
> >     cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument
>
> Let's start with 'aplay -l' and 'lsmod | grep snd'. Anything interesting
> in 'dmesg' and/or /var/log/syslog?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Hey guys. I have this same problem on a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard.

When I try to select the 'HDA Intel PCH' it gives the exact same:
"cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument"

I think I am also seeing this "flash" several times during boot but I cannot
confirm since it passes too fast to see. Nothing seems relevant in kern of
debug logs.

'lspci -knnvv':
http://pastebin.com/uaL65eR3

'aplay -l':