Re: Squeeze with Chrome version 28 - stable

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Gábor Hársfalvi <hgabi84@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I wish if I could use the newest Chrome with my system.
>
> When I open Chrome it always says doesn't support my system anymore...

I remember reading about this some time ago [1]. Back then they wanted
to require a newer version of the GTK+ library. You might be able to
build a copy of GTK+ 2.24 and make Chrome us it instead of the system
library.

There's not much else to do since Chrome is a closed source product.
It's really only Google that can fix this. You might have better luck
with the open source Chromium which is very similar to Chrome.

> How to solve this?

The long term solution if you want to keep running the latest Chrome
is to update to Wheezy (and beyond).

[1] http://linux.slashdot.org/story/13/02/11/1452259/rhel-6-no-longer-supported-by-google-chrome