Re: wheezy on T43

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> any recent success install of wheezy 32-bit on thinkpad T43 with sound
> and wireless working?

Yes, mine works just fine, but it has an Intel IPW2915 wireless module and
an ATI Radeon X300.  It is a model 2687 T43/p.

However, I do use a custom Linux 3.9.8 kernel, and the open X.org GPU
drivers for the Radeon X300.  The ATI-radeon-based T43 are known to work
just fine with the latest 3.4 and 3.9 kernels, it has been a very long while
since I last tried any kernel from the 3.2 series.

Hmm, it _does_ complain of uknown NMIs when the kernel changes the PCIe link
width of the Radeon due to power-save policies, but that's harmless.

> when i tested with windows 7, i managed to get sound and wireless
> working after installing latest updates

Make sure you update your ThinkPad to its latest BIOS and EC firmware if you
haven't done so already.

  Henrique Holschuh