RAID 1, SMART error, hot spare

I have two eSATA drives in a RAID 1, and smartd has started reporting
errors on it:

	Device: /dev/sdb [SAT], 9 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
	Device: /dev/sdb [SAT], 9 Offline uncorrectable sectors

The first message, on June 11, was 6 sectors. I ordered a new HD and
enclosure that day. It went up to 8 sectors on June 12. By June 14 I had
installed the new HD and added it to the RAID as a hot spare. On June 28 it
went up to 9 sectors.

Given that I have the hot spare in place, do I need to do anything? Should
I fail /dev/sdb with mdadm preemptively? Or just wait until it fails on its
own?

--Greg