Re: Just a question...........

On Jo, 20 iun 13, 09:18:29, Conrad Nelson wrote:
> (I have never in all my time seen a single torrent beat the speeds of
> straight up downloading.)

I have. I my experience it may depend on:

- bittorrent client (some clients are able to download the same torrent
  much faster)
- seeder/leecher counts and ratio (obvious)
- where these seeders/leechers are (i.e. it helps if some of them are in
  the same country or even connected to the same ISP, for obvious
  reasons)
- how your ISP handles bittorent (some ISPs here even advertise good
  bittorrent speeds)
- phase of the moon, etc.

Also bittorrent can stress your system in interesting ways (e.g. it
generates a lot of I/O) and requires decent networking stack and
hardware.

Kind regards,
Andrei