Re: Trouble reinstalling everything.

Noted, unhide has not noticed anything nor unhide.rb or rkhunter but I
get considerable lag sometimes as if screenshots are being taken of
the desktop. It might just be the latest nvidia drivers but it scares
the willies out of me.

It would be really awesome if the Debian livecd had a script, I've
checked many checksums through it and think I'm safe but if there was
an automated script that told me about changes to anything init ends
up running compared to the repos it would be nice. On OpenBSD I can
install a base system for instance, and see any changes to /etc with
mergemaster and conquer a rootkit pretty quickly, providing the boot
process is secure. Ah, the difference between complex systems and
simple ones... It would be nice if there was something sure to remove
known rootkits. I don't think the "hacker" if there is one is a very
talented one.

John Tate.

--
www.johntate.org