Re: Debian Sources List Generator

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013, Alan Ianson wrote:

What mess did this repo make? I have been using deb-multimedia for
years and have never had any mess.

  look at what Chris Bannister wrote on this list on 4 Feb 2013

Just be aware that if you strike any bugs and any dmo packages are
involved, it will be closed without any further ado. The deb-multimedia
repository is toxic to a healthy wheezy system. Take it from me, I spent ages cleaning up my system when I installed a usual Debian
package and encountered deb-multimedia's versioning fiasco.

To top it all the maintainer of deb-multimedia seems to have no interest
with working with the pkg-multimedia team. :(

I had also a lot of dependemcies problems, mainly coming from incompatible
deb-multimedia and debian libraries, and it took, not ages, but
about 1 week to get rid of them and revert to pure official debian.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel