Debian/Linux tutorials.

Hi there!!

I wanted to know please where can I enrich my knowledge about Linux at general and especially about Debian regarding variety of topics such as the system boot process, what are tty's? and where are located the scripts that the system runs during the boot and shutdown process, how to manage groups policies and how manage the whole system at all. where can I find some useful resources/documentation/references that speak in clear fashion, because the man pages often uses some concepts which aren't familiar to the beginner user, so I look for some resources that are friendly with the beginner user.

Thanks in advance!!

atar.