Re: No udev event when i plug an HDMI cable

On Tuesday 04 Jun 2013, Sylvain Archenault wrote:
> Anybody having the same issue?
>
> On 05/18/2013 12:52 PM, Sylvain Archenault wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I plugged a HDMI cable in my laptop, the display used to
> > automatically detect my TV and expand to it.
> >
> > It stopped working a few days ago, I'm not sure what package upgrade
> > triggered this.
> >
> > When I run "udevadm monitor", there is no event generated. It used to
> > work. If I go in "Settings -> Monitor" the tv is detected.
> >
> > I'm running Sid, which is up to date. I don't see any output in the log.
> > I'm not sure where to look at. I tried with this 2 kernels:
> >
> > linux-image-3.6-trunk-amd64 - Linux 3.6 for 64-bit PCs
> > linux-image-3.8-1-amd64     - Linux 3.8 for 64-bit PCs
> >
> > Let me know if you need more details.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sylvain
I have no idea if it is related, but there are currently a lot of problems
with HDMI being found with the 3.8 kernel on the BeagleBone Black.  For some
reason users are having difficulty with the EDID processing.  Now you are
reporting that this happens with 3.6, so it may be different, but it might
be.

Part of the problem on the BeagleBone is related to the move to DTS (the
device tree support) which does not apply to amd64, but part of it is
related to a change that has happened at much the same time moving from
the old FrameBuffer to the new kernel display framework - again I do not
know if this is relevant to you with your display card.  In short lots
changed between 3.2 and 3.8 which seems to be causing the BeagleBone
problems.

David