Re: Can't (re)install libapache2-mod-php5 on SID

On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 20:36:18 +0200
Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on my Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid) system I can't (re)install
> libapache2-mod-php5 debian package.
>
> It remain half configured after an upgrade process.
>
> In Aptitude interface when I try to reinstall it, I get error message:
> E: Internal Error, No file name for libapache2-mod-php5:amd64
>
> What can I do to solve this problem?

Difficult to say. The current version is 5.5.0~rc2+dfsg-2 and my
previous version upgraded today OK, also sid on amd64. There are new
versions of both apache2 and php5.

What you have sounds like a confused aptitude rather than an apache2
issue. You might first try an update, then a reboot and update, and
if this hasn't cleared the problem, try one of the other tools, either
Synaptic or apt-get dist-upgrade. Synaptic does a dist-upgrade by
default.

If they don't work, dpkg is a little more drastic. The apt tools use
dpkg, which itself is not at all house-trained and will not sort out
dependencies, so use it carefully and atomically i.e. remove and
immediately reinstall. If dpkg doesn't work, things are serious, and
you may have to chase down and delete files manually. Once all the
broken bits are removed, it should be possible to reinstall.

Note that if you have websites configured, today's upgrade will almost
certainly break them. You'll need to use new apache2 permission
directives and to move the conf files from conf.d to conf-available,
then enable them with a2enconf. The json functions have also been
removed from php5, and must be installed separately, and as of a few
hours ago were not yet available. That kills phpmyadmin, presumably
among other things.

*Never* run a production website on sid. Testing users have this to
look forward to Real Soon Now, though presumably the various bits and
pieces will all be available by then.

--
Joe