Re: How to enable cURL php extension in Apache2?

Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> writes:

> On 6/1/2013 5:44 PM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> writes:

>>> Sorry - you're right.  Got that mixed up with the Apache mods.
>>>
>>> cURL *should* be installed then.
>>
>> Yes, I think so too.
>>
>> $ aptitude search php5-curl
>> i   php5-curl - CURL module for php5
>>
>>> I've never worked with Moodle, but a quick glance indicates it's a web
>>> application running under Apache.  After installing the cURL
>>> extensions, you did restart Apache, correct?
>>
>> Yes, I restarted Apache2 with '/etc/init.d/apache2 restart' command.
>>
>>> You can prove if cURL is installed under the Apache version of PHP
>>> (not the same as the CLI version) with a simple page containing only:
>>
>> How could I know whether I have the Apache version of PHP installed?
>>
>> $ aptitude show php5-curl
>> Package: php5-curl
>> New: yes
>> State: installed
>> Automatically installed: no
>> Version: 5.4.4-14
>> Section: php
>> Maintainer: Debian PHP Maintainers
>> <pkg-php-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>> Architecture: powerpc
>> Uncompressed Size: 115 k
>> Depends: libc6 (>= 2.4), libcurl3 (>= 7.16.2), phpapi-20100525+lfs,
>> php5-common (= 5.4.4-14),
>>           ucf
>> PreDepends: dpkg (>= 1.15.7.2~)
>>   CURL is a library for getting files from  FTP, GOPHER, HTTP server.
>>
>>   PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a
>>   widely-used open source
>>   general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web
>>   development and can be
>>   embedded into HTML.
>> Homepage: http://www.php.net/
>>
>>> <?php phpinfo(); ?>
>>
>>> This will show all extensions loaded.  If cURL is listed, then you
>>> should follow up with Moodle (incorrect test for cURL?).
>>
>> I created the file info.php with the abowe mentioned content, and try it
>> out, but curl extension isn't listed there.
>>
>>> If it is not listed, we need to follow up more - what does it say the
>>> config file you're using is?
>>
>> Which config file do you think about?
>>

> Look at the output of your phpinfo() function - what does it show as
> "Loaded configuration file"?  What about the next two boxes ("Scan
> this dir for additional .ini files" and "Additional .ini files
> parsed"?

Loaded Configuration File:
 /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

Scan this dir for additional .ini files:
 /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d

Additional .ini files parsed:
/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/gd.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/intl.ini,
/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mcrypt.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mysql.ini,
/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo.ini,
/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo_mysql.ini,
/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xcache.ini

So I don't see the content of the /etc/php5/conf.d/ directory here, with
files as: @10-pdo.ini, @20-curl.ini, ..., @20-xmlrpc.ini.

For Moodle installation both curl and xmlrpc are needed.

--
Regards from Pal