Re: Akonadi as Root

Putting this back on list where it belongs.

On 5/28/2013 8:51 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 May 2013 14:41:16 staticsafe wrote:

>>> This is a list for Debian Linux. If we should help you, we at least need
>>> to know, what running an app as root or not as root, has to do with the
>>> choice of your Linux distribution Kali.
>>>
>>> If your Thunderbird for Windows NT allows to use plain text, than please
>>> don't use HTML.
>> "Kali Linux (formerly known as BackTrack) is a Debian-based distribution
>> with a collection of security and forensics tools. It features timely
>> security updates, support for the ARM architecture, a choice of four
>> popular desktop environments, and seamless upgrades to newer versions."
>>
>> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=kali
> That still doesn't explain why you need to run Akonadi as root.
>
> Nor does it explain why you think that a Debian list can help you, since
this
> would appear to be a KDE/Kali problem.  Try the KDE or Kali lists/fora.
>
> Lisi

Kali is a modified Debian wheezy. It only has a root account. I finally
figured out a fix to my problem. I needed to edit a MySQL configuration
file in /etc/akonadi
However now my problem is with trying to upgrade to a kde version that
has kdepim 4.8+ so I can use DAV Groupware Resource for Google calendar.
I am messing with the Ubuntu raring repository to get 4.10 but I am
having issues with after KDM login it gives me a black screen with a
fully functional mouse, so for the past 12-14 hours I have been on TTY
console trying to get it to work...