Re: Must _reboot_ to restart network

On Tue, 28 May 2013, nnex wrote:

hi.
Can you try to determine a network driver vie lspci forexample? or dmesg?

I guess we are interested in the ethernet controller line?

$ lscpi
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation MCP79 Ethernet (rev b1)

After this can try to `modprobe -r DRIVERNAME && modprobe DRIVERNAME`. This is must enough for you.

I will try that as soon as the network failure appears.

You can see a /var/log/messages for thelast messages before network is down for diagnostic.

Thanks for the help.
Itay