Re: Handbrake Installation removes a lot

Stephen Allen wrote at 2013-05-26 20:00 -0500:
> Was about to install Handbrake for Wheezy, but stopped when I saw the
> list of packages that were going to be removed. Screengrab here on my
> public dropbox fldr: http://goo.gl/Oow9T
>
> What the hell, kind of strange it wants to remove my chat clients and
> this other stuff.
>
> Expected behaviour? Thanks.

Yes, if you are using handbrake from experimental.

Aptitude's interactive dependency resolver is very useful for this.
You can mark handbrake as manually installed, then press `e` and
eg. reject (`r`) the proposed removal of the cheese package and `.` to
go to the next suggested resolution.  Though probably handbrake has
some dependency not compatible with installed packages, so there may
be not acceptable solution without finding a backport or compiling
yourself.

http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/en/ch02s02s04.html