segfaulting GTK3 apps

Hey all,

Since today's sid upgrade, most of my GTK apps (libgtk-3-0 3.8.2-1) won't
start (e.g. pavucontrol, gnome-control-center etc. etc.), though some do
(actually I could find only one, exfalso/quodlibet).

I found a seemingly related bug report at [1], but at the end it is about
libcairo and themes. My applications however don't fail because of some
failed assertion or other, just with plain segfaults following a bunch of
(indeed theme-related) Gtk-WARNINGs and (perhaps more importantly) two
GLib-GObject-WARNINGs at the end:

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.36.1/./gobject/gtype.c:4239:
  type id `0' is invalid
GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for type`<invalid>' which
 is not currently referenced
Segmentation fault

My question being, should I add to that bug report or start a new one?
How can I find out exactly what package(s) are to blame? And if I should
indeed add to the report, what exactly should I add?

I only ask because I wouldn't want to clutter the BTS dropping information
in the wrong places..

Best,
Tom

np: Atom™ – Voralpenthema