Re: HP Probook 6570b

On Wed, 22 May 2013 17:22:44 +0300
Rares Aioanei <debian.dev.list@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am in the search for a new laptop, and my first choice would have
> been a Thinkpad T series. However, I have a Thinkpad
> I use for work and I am dissatisfied by the new keyboard layout, so I
> started searching for something else. Hardware-wise,
> I am looking for a machine with an i5 Ivy Bridge CPU, 1600 Mhz RAM,
> 7200 RPM hard drive, Gigabit Ethernet and some
> Linux-friendly wireless card. As the subject says, the Probook 6570b
> seems to fit the bill, has good reviews and linlap.com
> reports good Linux compatibility (and it's SLED 11 certified). My
> question: do any of you have any experiences with the
> machine? If so, how would you rate it?

I'm administrating for one of my coworkers a ProBook 6570b running
Ubuntu 12.04. The buildin Broadcom Wlan is having issues and I realty
dislike the keyboard in favor of my Thinkpad T530 - not about the
layout, but the typing. My advice is still to buy a Thinkpad T which
costs about the same.

Cheers,
Frank
--