Re: Why can ubuntu dist upgrade dist from within an X session?

On 19 May 2013, Celejar wrote:

> The release notes are actually somewhat unclear, and I was considering
> filing a bug report against them. The implication is that there's no
> recommendation against upgrading from an X session started directly,
> without any display manager. Is this actually what is meant?
>
> Celejar

I've been upgrading from within X on Debian for years and never had any
problems. But I don't do this remotely, I start X from startx, and I
don't use any desktop environment. Perhaps that's why.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acupuncturecourse.org.uk