Re: vga=ask doesn't work anymore

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 02:59:43AM +0200, Dirk wrote:
> hello,
>
> do I see that right that vga=ask has been removed in grub2 without
> offering a working replacement? because all those gfxpayload=bla bs
> i found online surely doesn't work...
what branch of debian do you use ? if you are using now testing or sid
you sould to move to stable . if

> so i reverted to grub-legacy...
>
> doesn't anybody check the crap that makes it into debian anymore?
>
> because when i look in the documentation of the linux kernel it sure
> says that vga=ask is still there...
>
> but something retarded as a boot loader removes kernel options now?
>
> wow... just wow.. i thought the linux desktop would have tiles like
> windows8 but this is even worse... a bootloader breaks the kernel
> features...
>
> it really shows that linux is used by too many idiots now...
yes I see one right now -- you ..

> i'll start a wiki on this bullshit.. how linux step-by-step becomes
> a badly re-invented windows..
the code of gnu /  linux and debian is public . You can take and fix the
programm . You probably to read Gnu / Linux != windows [0]
>as a warning for freebsd...
>
> i don't care about the user base my OS of choice has... but the
> linux marketing has started writing the linux code now..
>so it is
> bye bye...

why to send the mail to debian user list and not developers list
maybe they will have will have your anwser ..