Re: postfix virtual host

On Thu, 16 May 2013 20:41:57 +0200
Pol Hallen <deben@fuckaround.org> wrote:

> > Don't remove both lines, only remove "virtual_alias_domains", the
> > "virtual_mailbox_domains" config setting should be there.
>
> I've same error:
>
> May 16 20:37:07 server1 postfix/smtpd[19799]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
> from nm4-vm0.bullet.mail.ird.yahoo.com[77.238.189.211]: 550 5.1.1
> <fred@nuvolabianca.org>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
> local recipient table; from=<aboutit10@yahoo.it>
> to=<fred@nuvolabianca.org> proto=SMTP
> helo=<nm4-vm0.bullet.mail.ird.yahoo.com>
>
> why "user unknown?"
>
> I follow this howto:
>
> http://dannorth.net/2007/09/09/virtual-mailboxes-with-courier-imap-and-postfix/

Hi,
I'm not so sure I remember properly but when you create a virtual file
or a .db, it has to be turn into a file postfix understand, with the
postmap command.

I think your virtual-alias-map file is a file you create by yourself but
has not been turned into a file postfix understand, with the postmap
command:
"postmap /etc/postfix/virtual" will create a file
named /etc/postfix/virtual.db that can be used by postfix.

I'm telling that because according to man postmap a hash file should
end up in .db not just a file without a format type.

To check your mapping is working you can try this:
"postmap -q fred@nuvolabianca.org /etc/postfix/virtual"

If you get a "fred@nuvolabianca.org" as an answer then your mapping is
working and the cause of your problem is different.

Did you read the howto at workaround.org? It is with sql though but
there are explanation for .db as well.

It is very well explained and works very well as too (I'm using it for
a year and a half without a glitch).

http://workaround.org/ispmail/squeeze/postfix-database-configuration