RE: recommend a laser printer

> I'm trying to buy a black and white laser printer for a family member
> running Wheezy.  Can anybody recommend one that you've purchased
> recently, which used native cups drivers available in Wheezy, which cost
> $100US or less?

HP printers may or may not be high quality (that is subjective), but they usually are well supported in Linux, in part because the drivers are open sourced by HP and freely available.  I don't know about sub-$100, but many are sub-$150.  Several Brother models are pretty good value for the money as well, although I don't know about driver support.