Re: traffic shaper

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Pol Hallen <deben@fuckaround.org> wrote:
Hi folks!

My memory is not good :-/

I remember a module inside the kernel named "traffic shaper". Or not?

If yes, where is? I searching inside kernel tree but I don't find it.

you can use tc tool from iproute2 package to do traffic shaping.
(i always used this tools, the kernel modules i used were for detecting p2p traffic, with bad results...)

but I discover the packages:

[...]
shaperd
trickle
wondershaper
[...]

What is the best way to balanced lan (multi-lan) and internet speed?

ie: if a only client use lan can use all bandwidth. If 2 clients using
lan the bandwidth goes to 50% each.

it depends on the way your clients are connecting, but maybe you should read LARTC manual [1]

hope this helps.

[1]http://www.lartc.org/

--
Roberto Scattini