Re: Debian wheezy on efika ARMHF

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 12:20:30PM +0200, Armand Letty wrote:
>    Good day Debian users,
>
>          I have some problems installing Debian on my machine (an efika
>    smartbook, ARM powered [1]).
>    What I have done until now:
>
>        1. I downloaded the netinst image for ARMHF arch
>        2. used Gparted to create a bootable SD and dd'd the image on the SD
>        3. plugged the SD in the smartbook/ rebooted
>
>    The machine seems to take longer time at startup (maybe it's recognizing
>    something?), but apart from that, no luck: after a while, I get my usual
>    login screen (the installer does not start).

I think your issue may have been in partitioning the SD card. The
netinst image IS ITSELF bootable. What you need to do is:

  dd if=netinst.iso of=/dev/sdb ...

That is, write the ISO directly to the whole device, rather than to a
partition.

See the instructions at http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#write-usb. If that
doesn't work, check to make sure your machine can actually boot from an
SD card.