Re: How to remove/purge outdated packages that are removed from repositories (apt-get --purge remove fails)

Am Donnerstag 09 Mai 2013, 13:26:32 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Thu, 09 May 2013 13:21:02 +0200, Matthias Nagel
> <matthias.h.nagel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag 09 Mai 2013, 12:59:20 schrieb Sven Joachim:
> >> My suggestion is to try "dpkg --purge <package>", but I would also like
> >> to know how you got yourself into this situation.
> >
> > Mmh, OK. But in this case I need the actual *.deb-file, don't I? And I
> > do not have these *.deb-files.
>
> Test it ;)! I don't think dpkg needs a package available by a repository
> (e.g. in /usr/src) to purge it, I guess you only need it, if you want to
> install a package.

OK, it worked. I had some minor problems but now I hopefully have a clean system again.

Some packages were refused to be removed first, because there were allegedly unresolved dependencies from packages that were not installed at all. For example I could not remove "libvolume-id0" first, because some X package depended on it, but that X package was not installed. So I had to forcefully install that X package first, remove it again and then I could remove "libvolume-id0", too.

Best regards, Matthias

Matthias Nagel
Willy-Andreas-Allee 1, Zimmer 506
76131 Karlsruhe