Re: google earth ia32-libs-gtk on wheezy:

Am Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2013 schrieb Brad Rogers:
> On Thu, 9 May 2013 21:12:07 +0200
> "Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Hans-J.,
>
> >Googleeartg will not run without 32-bit accelerator drivers. If you use
>
> Good point;  I'd forgotten that.
>
> >Nvidia-graphic cards, you should nor use debian packages. They will nt
> >work. It is a bug!
>
> Is that recent?  As I used to use the Debian installed nvidia DKMS
> drivers without problem when I installed googleearth.

Yes, sadly it is. Seems no one cared for this till then. It looks like a
problem with libxvmc1, which is needed for 32-bit acceleration.

But, installing this lib will deinstall several other applications, which is
surely not wanted. It is just a dependency problem.

I believe, there is a bugreport related to this, but it is months old.

The best way is just to install the friver with the script from the nvidia
site. Works like a charm.

Hans