Re: google earth ia32-libs-gtk on wheezy:

On Thu, 9 May 2013 18:53:27 +0200
sp113438 <sp113438@telfort.nl> wrote:

Hello sp113438,

>On Thu, 9 May 2013 17:43:16 +0100
>Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
>> It looks like you're running it as root, try as an ordinary user.
>Same thing:

Yeah, that was a long shot, TBH.

>$ googleearth
>Couldn't run Google Earth (googleearth-bin). Is GOOGLEEARTH_DATA_PATH
>set?

Seems not.  I'm not sure where that should point, TBH.

How did you get googleearth?  Straight from google, or did you use
Debian's googleearth-package?  When I installed, I used Debian's
package, and don't recall having any problems.  Mind you, that was some
while ago (read: years), and as I hadn't used it more than a couple of
times, I removed it from my machine about 8 months ago.

--
 Regards  _
Just stop and take a second