how to install the latest proprietary nvidia driver on wheezy?

Hi,

I upgraded my box to wheezy from squeeze, but lost display. I tried to
re-install the latest proprietary nvidia driver (304.88), and the
installer complains:
``
 ERROR: The Nouveau kernel driver is currently in use by your system.
This driver is incompatible with the NVIDIA driver, and must be
disabled before proceeding.  Please consult the NVIDIA driver README
and your Linux distribution's documentation for details on how to
correctly disable the Nouveau kernel driver.
''
I purged all nouveau-related packages, configured grub-conf, and added
it to blacklist, but the nouveau module still starts in every session.

Is there any clue for installing the proprietary or non-proprietary
nvidia drivers?

Daniel

☵☯☲