Re: Torsocks.conf problem

Hi,

I've found a bash workaround to this problem. Instead of connecting to
ftp server through nautilus, it is possible to locally mount it using
curlftpfs package.

First, you need to make sure to except the host ip range address with
$no_proxy bash environment variable, something like:

export $no_proxy=localhost,192.168.1.1/8,127.0.0.1/16

After installing curlftpfs, create a mount point:

# mkdir /PATH/DIR

Mount it:

# curlftpfs -o rw,allow_other,user USER:PASSWORD@HOST/ /PATH/DIR

To unmount:

# fusermount -u /PATH/DIR

To make it permanent, add this line to /etc/fstab:

curlftpfs#USER:PASSWORD@HOST/DIR /PATH/DIR fuse rw,allow_other,auto,user
0 0

Since this is a more universal solution, I'm sticking to it.

--
-- André Nunes Batista

--- Begin Message ---
Hi there!

I use tor system wide through gnome proxy settings localhost:9050.
According to torsocks.conf man pages, /etc/torsocks.conf should avoid
using torsocks when connecting to local lan network.

local = 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0

should do the job in my scenario. However, nautilus refuses to connect
to a local ftp server and informs a "Connection through SOCKSv4 server
rejected".

Since I'm able to connect to this server using iceweasel and filezilla,
it's a real issue, but it would be better to have this server attached
to nautilus and avoid the hassle of using another program just for this.

Does anyone have a hint to the solution?

--
-- André Nunes Batista