Re: cmake dependency error while compiling darktable (glib2.0 too old)

Le Lun 29 avril 2013 21:42, Markus Neviadomski a écrit :
> Am 29.04.2013 11:02, schrieb "Morel Bérenger":
>
>> Le Sam 27 avril 2013 15:10, Markus Neviadomski a écrit :
>>
>>> Thats the error:
>>> -- Found xsltproc
>>> CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindGlib.cmake:33 (message):
>>> Glib version check failed.  Version 2.24.2 was found, at least version
>>>  2.28
>>> is required Call Stack (most recent call first): src/CMakeLists.txt:120
>>> (find_package)
>>>

>> Try to remove all files cmake added. Typically, you have made a folder
>> like $SRC/build in which you ran "cmake ..". Remove all files in it and
>> then redo the "cmake .." and it should work if all dependencies are
>> installed.
>
> Thanks! Thats the solution, it works. It is crazy behviour. cmake should
> check the dependencies at each time and update its database.

No. It is primarily a development tool, and we loose enough time like that
in compilation.

> Or provide a
> command switch like apt-get clean-all i think.

I did not tried that at the moment, but maybe simply running cmake solves
the problem. I usually remove everything because I'm mostly working on
small projects where cmake and compilation does not take that many time,
and because I think it is the easier way to avoid problems :)

>>> These dependecies are needed by darktable:
>>>

>> You could have used following commands to ease your job:
>>

>> # aptitude build-dep darktable
>> # aptitude source darktable --compile
>>

> Thanks for your advice! Get the source from repositories was not my
> goal, because i need the current stable snapshot from git.

So the first instruction will help you. I often see on forums huge
command-lines to compile things, where the first one is enough.

Anyway, I'm happy to know that your problem is fixed.