Re: Which imap server can I use

On Seg, 29 Abr 2013, Mérof 42 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for install a imap server to make my own mailserver and my own
webmail with roundcube

For snmp, I want to use Postfix, because I used it some years ago and I was
really happy with it.
I use the format maildir format because is most easier for backups
Is there a lot of imap server, Which one is the best ?

Is it possible to have a diferent password for imap than the unix acount ?

What is "better" depends somewhat on your requirements.

Take a look at dovecot. It's well supported, relatively easy to setup,
and it supports both things you asked for.

--
BOFH excuse #316:

Elves on strike. (Why do they call EMAG Elf Magic)

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br