Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?

On Thursday 25 April 2013 16:48:53 Charles Kroeger wrote:
> > I have never noticed my free version of 9 updating itself. :-/
>
> That's good, it won't. If you occasionally try:

Thanks for the reply, Charles!

I am quite happy with things as they are, for now.  The OP was worried about
his copy of Acrobat Reader 9 on Linux updating itself automatically and
consuming his bandwidth.

I think the possibility of his Linux AR updating itself automatically is
vanishingly remote, and that he is probably muddling Windows up with Linux,
but I am not in a position to state categorically that AR in Linux _never_
updates itself!  Hence my more guarded statement.

I imagine that he is trying to solve in Linux (unnecessarily) a problem he has
in Windows.  That seems to be his whole approach.

Lisi